Friday, December 7, 2012

Whos Responsibility Is It To Inform The Public?

Im going to argue my claim on how I think the government should be responsible for any information that the public sholud know. Believe it or not, if the goverment spilled every little thing that was happening in the world, we the people would be running around like chickens with no heads? Im I right? There are many reasons why I believe this but, here are some top 4 questions I have that can maybe clear things up a bit. Who is responsible for communicating science? I believe the government (science.gov). . Other question would be: Why do I think this? Because in many cases they fund lots of money , also provides a search of over 55 scientific databases and 200 million pages of science information with just one query. Also: How can they communicate effectively? Science.gov is an intergency initative of 17 U.S. government science organizarions within 13 Federal Agencies. And the last one: What types of media dose the government use? Well the government use 7 different ways which are:
1. Provides a search of over 55 scientific databases and 200 million pages of science information with just one query.
2. Clustering of results by subtopics,authors,orbates to help target your search.
3. Image search
4. Updated Alerts service
5. Aggregated Science News
6. Twitter
7. Facebook
But this is why I feel, that the government is responsible for any information that the public sholud know. If you feel different please feel free to post comments, Stay tuned for more updates!

5 comments:

  1. I agree that the government is the stakeholder and that they should be the source that tells society everything they need to know. Also it's probably a good idea for them to put information on Twitter and other internet sources like that because not many people watch the news anymore, But I disagree I believe we'll all be more prepared for the future if the government told us everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like you worked hard onthis but your intro could had been a little more better but other than that good job by julio cruz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good blog , I like the picture that was used the different colors for the questions. Very detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. savannah , i like your blog. our views are quite similar when it comes to who shares the best information . i like you picture as well it gives me more ideas to add to my post. great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did my research and Neuroskeptic (other blogger post) has proved my argument. Because he/she states "scientist are world experts in a very narrow field this mean they are mostly interested in stuff which only they and maybe 20 or 30 other people will appreciate." This means that the government is better at giving more/better information because they make sure that everyone will be interested. Scientist don't really do that, their information is only for other people like them (which are scientist)or anyone who would be interested in the stuff they post.

    ReplyDelete